Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012
Re: Householder Extensions – Supplementary Planning Document – Consultation Draft
The Council has recently produced a Householder Extensions Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) – Consultation Draft. I am pleased to enclose a copy of this document for your comment. This is to replace our existing Residential Extensions and Alterations Design Guide which dates from 1998.
The SPD sets out guiding design principles for the provision of domestic waste storage facilities within new residential development schemes across East Northamptonshire. The document contains 6 sections covering the following:
- Design in relation to the existing dwelling;
- How an extension fits in with the character of its surroundings;
- Impact on the amenity of adjacent properties;
- Implications for off road parking provision at the property;
- Whether sufficient outside amenity space will remain within the curtilage of the property when the works are in place; and
- If there are any important trees which are affected by the works.
Overall, the draft document is considered to take account of the relevant new documents that have come into force since the last one was adopted and it also gives guidance on extra topics which are common considerations in relation to planning applications.
When adopted, this SPD will form part of the statutory Local Development Framework for East Northamptonshire.
On 20 January 2020 the Planning Policy Committee approved the Householder Extensions SPD for consultation, subject to a number of changes given final approval by the head of Planning Services and the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Committee. These changes were finally agreed on 3rd February 2020.
In accordance with Regulation 35 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012, this document is now subject to a period of consultation which is for six weeks, starting Friday, 7th February 2020 and ending at 4.30pm on Monday, 23rd March 2020.
The document can also be viewed on the Council’s website at www.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/consultations. Alternatively, hard copies are available to view during normal opening hours at:
- Customer Service Centre, Cedar Drive, Thrapston, NN14 4LZ (8:45 am – 5:00 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday; 9:45am – 5:00pm Wednesday)
- Customer Service Centre, Newton Road, Rushden, NN10 0PT (9:00am – 4:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday; 9:45am – 5:00pm Wednesday)
- Customer Service Centre, Oundle Town Council offices, Fletton House, Glapthorn Road, Oundle, PE8 4JA (10:00am-1:00pm, Monday to Friday)
- Irthlingborough, Oundle, Raunds, Rushden and Thrapston Libraries (opening times available through Northamptonshire County Council website www.northamptonshire.gov.uk)
Representations on the document are invited and must be received no later than 4.30pm on Friday, 23rd March 2020. Please state the page and paragraph number to which any comment relates. All comments received by the deadline will be considered, and where appropriate, alterations will be made to the draft document. A summary of all comments received and a revised document will then be presented back to Planning Policy Committee for consideration and adoption.
Representations should be made in writing, either by e-mail to email@example.com or sent to the address below:
Planning Policy and Conservation Team
East Northamptonshire Council
If you have any questions regarding the Householder Extensions, Consultation Draft please contact Wayne Cattell (01832 742104) or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.